While we have our own checklists that cover many things for you on your trip, here is a handy and printable checklist to assist you in making sure you have all the necessities to get the full enjoyment from your trip!
Have these printed off, signed and ready to go before your trip begins!
- Please visit http://www.fishing.gov.bc.ca/ to obtain your Basic angling licence (and other licences to cover different species) for the duration of your trip.
- If fishing for sturgeon, you will also need the White sturgeon conservation stamp to cover duration of trip.
- Salmon stamp – required ONLY if you intend on retaining salmon.
- Steelhead stamp – required ONLY if you are fishing for steelhead.
- Adjusted for time of year – go with layers.
- Fleece jacket.
- Windproof jacket.
- Check with Cascade for current and possible weather conditions.
- Do not wear heavy hunting or hiking boots in the boat (please).
Hat and Gloves
- Toque for colder weather.
- Neck gaiters are handy for chilly conditions
- Gloves depending upon weather conditions
- If you are fly fishing, you may wish to bring your own. Our boats do carry waders if required.
Sunglasses and Sunscreen
- Please bring sunglasses and Factor 30 sunscreen – being on the water can be harsh in the sun.
- If retaining salmon to bring home, you will need a cooler (no styrofoam).
- If you require regular medication, ensure you have enough for your trip Alert us, prior to trip, regarding allergies or potential medical issues.
- First Aid kits are on our boats.
- Batteries charged (spare).
- Spare memory cards.
- Memory card cleared.
- Bringing your own?.
- Have you ordered lunch with Cascade?.
- Coolers are on board if needed.
- Don’t be thirsty my friend.
- Alcohol – discuss legal issue of alcohol in a boat with Cascade Fishing Adventures.
Map of Meeting Location
- Coast Hotel, Chilliwack, BC.
Fly Fishing Equipment
Unless prior arrangements are made you will require:
- Fly rod.
- Fly reel.
- Spare lines.
- Fly line tips.
- Flies (single barbless hook varieties – call us for patterns).
- Needle nose pliers.
- Waders, wading boots, raingear.
- Spare shirt, wool socks and fleece pants/trousers in case you take a spill.
Happy thoughts and some Good Luck!
It never hurts to have luck in your back pocket! Rabbit’s foot?
Please click the button below to print this page, print to a pdf file or email it to you.